Question

What happens when i go to far

HI Doc,

I really need some help, i started self mutalating at the age of 6 i have done it my whole life, have also tried to kill myself a few times, i now have moved away from cutting and now burn myself with smokes anything that has a flame, i burn a big areas and bad, i dont know how to deal with things anymore and the more i burn and cut the more deeper and worser i want to go.

Please tell me if there is something i can take to fix me or should i just admit myself into a loony bin?

Thanx

Good to have managed to move away from cutting, but self-birning isn't really any better. Some folks fall into this bad habit when they are in situations where they cant think of how to cope. Best to see a psychiatrist for a proper assessment, and treatment of any specific condition, such as depression, that might be present. Otherwise, CBT style counselling from a good psychologist could help you to learn far better ways of coping with such situations, much better coping skills, and ways to recognize and avoid such situations wherever possible.
You can indeed fix this yourself, though best with the right sort of expert advice. Looney bins not necessary

3
Posted by: Anon - Reply to J | 2012/09/19

Thanx J,

Glad im not freeken mad i only hurt myself when im upset am clean when im happy.

Life is just getting to much

xxx

Reply to Anon - Reply to J
Posted by: J | 2012/09/19

Hey, you not loony, i also went through all this, i still cut myself now and then when stressed or worried, overwhelmed, even when very happy and content. Linked to emotions and how to deal with them i think, maybe. On meds now, antidepressant, works well. Go see a professional ASAP! Good luck

Reply to J