Question
Posted by: Dean | 2008/07/10

What happens to the body?

I have a project to complete, I would like to know what happens to the body during a workout?

HI Dean

Well, that's a complicated answer - you could spend 4 years studying the whole picture. my advice is that you grab a basic physiology textbook and have a look through that for information. I can't give the info to you like this.

But to give you some direction, look at the following systems:

What happens to muscles?
Cardiovascular system - what happens to the heart and to the lungs?
Metabolism - how does the body generate energy?
The brain?
The immune system?

I'm not sure what level you're at - if it's a school project, it's obviously vastly different from a university type project, so you have to discern how detailed to go. But there is a lot of information on these things, you just have to look for it.

Ross