Question
Posted by: Samantha H | 2010/07/21

What happens now in court?

I have to be back in court for my Ex husband Maintenace reduction on the 4th August 2010.

We have been in and out of court since September 2009 for his request in a reduction of maintenace.

In May 2010 He lost his job and the courts granted him the reduction from R 5000.00 for two kids down to R 2000.00 for the two kids.

We now have to go back whereby they will decide if he has been trying to find a job or not.

He owns Two houses, four cars all the fancy stuff. How do the courts proceed now.

I pay school fees R 2160.00
Medical Aid R 1 200.00 for our two boys
Clothing R 880.00
Gorceries R 4 500.00
Pocket monies R 500.00 (they always got this when we were married)
Lights and water R 1 800.00
After school activities R 350.00
Rent R 4 000.00
Cell Phone R 400.00 (For our Teen son)
etc etc.

I was told by the courts the last time i was there that i cannot pull blood from a stone.

I urgently need legal advise please

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would ask for full disclosure of his financial situation if I was you. If it is indeed so that owns assets it begs to be asked how he is able to service the bonds and installments on these properties etc. Request full disclosure of all bank statements and bond statements.

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/07/21

Get him audited! simple, then you will see exactly how much you can claim for!

Reply to anon
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/07/21

Reply to family law expert