Posted by: Angel | 2009-02-16

What happened?

Something strange happened to me on Saturday. I started to get blurred vision, like when you start getting a very serious migraine and after a few minutes I started feeling very dizzy and just wanted to pass out. After an hour or two I started feeling better but was very tired. This has happened to me once or twice before, what do you think can be the reason and should I go and see my Gp?

Dear Angel
This can be caused by low blood sugar, low blood pressure or can be a warning of an migraine or stroke - rather see your Gp so that he can monitor your blood sugar and check your blood pressure. If you have risk factors for a stroke ( your age >55, high cholesterol, heart problems, family or personal history of stroke, smoking, male, diabetes, obesity) he may need to do a sonar of the arteries in the neck/heartsonar too.