Question
Posted by: sunflower | 2008/09/15

what gives?

I' ve had this friend that everyone including work colleagues said liked me since we first met. we went on a date once and from there started spending more time together. we went to the gym together once cos we both love working out and try to see each other a few times during the week. we hold hands all the time, in fact we have become so comfortable that everyone thinks we are a couple.

the thing is we have become too close. but then this weekend he did not call me once, and he texted me each night just to tell me he was going out with other people (guy friends). yesterday he did not return either of my text messages or my missed call and then when i went to the gym i found him there.

i was furious but did not say anything there, only afterwards i texted to crap on him. i don' t get it. does this person like me or what?

i' m starting to hate my looks. men are always attracted to my looks everywhere i go they tell me i' m beautiful but nobody actually wants to date me. its like having a beautiful house on the market but nobody wants to buy it.

i think this one has lost interest and i don' t even know why. last night we had a fight on the phone and he asked if we can meet tonight to talk. i asked him why he wants to meet and he got angry so i told him we can just meet but i don' t see the point. surely if you like someone you would return the messages they sent you during the day at some point. soemtimes i feel like he is a bachelor and just wants to stay that way.

I don't do dating questions, but I'm sure other readers will come up with some helpful comments

2
Posted by: Candy girl | 2008/09/15

...and if you were ugly ducklings you would be singing another tune..!  o) ..im also quite attractive and enjoy the attention, but right off the bar, i let guys know thats all there is to appreciate about me..i ask them deliberately what else their interested, instead of ' the obvious' ..just to watch them stutter a bit - relax..and take your time..and a man that is willing to stick around long enuff to get to know ' all'  of you will come along. Sunflower, there' s obviously a reason why you think he wants to a bachelor for life - because chances are he has expressed it to you. He' s not for you - and quite frankly you have no right to fight with him when you haven' t even established what your relationship is labelled as. Play down the physical- even resort to let them see you at your worst!..if you must  o) and highlight the rest you have to offer.

Reply to Candy girl
Posted by: Lola :) | 2008/09/15

I know how u feel. Men tell me that i' m beautiful all the time and it feels like no one cares about my personality (i have a great one). Just ones i wud like 4 someone not to be attracted to me physically!!!!

Reply to Lola :)