Posted by: Boerboel Owner | 2009-02-19

What games to play with puppy?

My eight month old Boerboel puppy is not interested in chasing around a tennis ball but the problem is that whenever I play with 5 month old GSD puppy the BB watches for a few minutes and then starts play biting with the GSD. Could it be that he feels left out? What games can I play that`ll interest both?

Dear Boerboel Owner

Find the nearest dog trainer and go to a puppy class or play group.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-19

Playing ball with more than one dog at a time seldom seems to work so well, in my experience. Maybe let them take turns?

Remember also that they don' t yet know the point of the game, so to them it' s just any old play, and play-fighting with each other still qualifies.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: kirsten | 2009-02-19

have you tried other toys other than a tennis ball - maybe he just doesn' t like balls and would prefer something that bounced in a different manner (like a kong) or perhaps he would prefer something he could carry around more easily - a rope toy or a beechwood dumbell?

Reply to kirsten