Question
Posted by: Carmen | 2011-05-12

What form of contraceptive is best

I used marvelon for about 3 months, it makes my breasts swollen and sore to the touch all the time and I feel tired and angry all the time. I changed to Yasmin and have been using this for about 2 weeks but nothing has changed.
Can you recommend another form of contraceptive that will not interfere with my moods and body so much?

Unfortunately everyone reacts differntly to contraception, so it is often a matter of trial and error. You should give it at least 3 months for your body to adjust. Many side effects disappear in this time.

3
Posted by: Lungile | 2011-05-13

hi, i have been using Ni Isterate for almost 2 years now, i have since had abnormal bleeding, serious weight gain, dryness and mood swings. i was told to use Nordette when i bleed, but i feel abnormal and sick all the time. i''m only 23, could someone please recommend something that doesn''t haver many side effects. i''m not happy about my hormones or my body anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Reply to Lungile
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-05-13

Posted by: Carolyn Basson | 2011-05-12

Recently my daughter had this procedure done after her pap smear showed abnormalities. The gynae said he was going to do a biopsy. She has severe discommert and pain as well as bleeding. We were not happy with the way the doctors handled this. Please let us know what the correct course of treatment should be and what is " normal bleeding" .

Reply to Carolyn Basson