Question
Posted by: karen | 2009/11/11

what dog to get

i have a 6 year old maltese cross toy pom male who is really aggressive and does not like small kids and cats. would like to get a puppy so my 3 and a half year old daughter can enjoy having a dog. what big dogs are recommended - thought of a german shepherd or a weimeraner and as far as small dogs a jack russel or sausage dog? what is recommended - will get a female

Dear Karen

You have to chat to people with different dogs and make up your own mind.

4
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/11/16

I have just rehomed my maltese because of his aggressiveness towards our cat. Whilst he is loving towards us, he constantly bit the cat. I would definitely say speak to your vet, who will be able to provide advice to you. Your vet can tell you about the different dog types and from experience with patients and owners will be able to advise.

Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/11/12

Labrador or a pug execellent dogs for small kids

Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009/11/11

Google " best dogs with small children"  and the secondf on the list gives a whole list from A-Z and ranks them in order from 1-5 which are suitable for small children.

Speak to your vet who will assist you in making the right choice. Whats going to happen to the " aggressive 6 year old maltese pom?

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009/11/11

Dear Karen

Reply to Cybervet