Question
Posted by: Courtney | 2012-06-11

What does this mean?

I started chatting to this guy last week on this online dating website, anyways we met face to face yesterday for lunch and it was very pleasant, needless to say we got on very well and we only ended up leaving the restaurant at 7pm and had been there since 12pm. All throughout lunch he kept on touching my shoulder or my arm, which from what I believe on the all the body language articles I have been reading means that he likes me. We chatted quite a bit last night and then eventually said good night, we had made plans that I go to his house on Saturday and he cooks for me and I give him a massage and then I would stay over - but this morning after saying good morning to each other he posted a message on his status that said that he is looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends and maybe a new beginning I responded to it and send the same goes for me - I then said to him that I am looking forward to the weekend and he then responded by saying I am sure that I am ready for this, and I said yes I am is he, he then responded with alot of trust from your side and that maybe one or two more dates first, I then said that is absolutley right and that I respect him for that, he then said that he respects me and that why the suggestion - what does it all mean?

Much of what is said by so-called experts on "body language" is tosh, and the rest is common sense. He does sound, at least initially, interested in you. But why the terrific hurry ? Why not take your time and enjoy the journey, rather than starting at the destination ?
Maybe with that long meal, you had a fair few drinks, too ? Maybe he went a bit further than he planned, and would not prefer to take it more easily ? Why not ? Are you working to a deadline ?

7
Posted by: hmmmm | 2012-06-12

In other words you are advising her to play games???? Pretend, lie...bla bla bla. Is that how you build a sound relationship? If a man only want sex, he only wants sex, no matter how long you make him wait for it. He can wait for 3 months and then dump you the very day he gets what he wants. Games never secured love. He either likes you or doesn''t - simple as that.

Reply to hmmmm
Posted by: dw | 2012-06-12

Hi Courtney....I think he was testing you yesterday in suggesting the staying over thing to see if you would agree to it. The fact that you did, he lost interest. I mean why try any more, he can have you if he wants you!! Maybe not contact him again and if he asks if Saturday is on, say that something has come up or lie that you forgot you have something on, so that you can distance yourself from him a bit and he can run after you a bit.

Reply to dw
Posted by: Obvious | 2012-06-11

Sheesh tells it straight!
l do not think that by agreeing to the Saturday night date you showed yourself in the best light! l am surprised that he suggested any further meetings, he will always look back and think you were too easy to seduce. l do not think he will ever forget how keen you were to be seduced. Men like a bit of a chase............

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Anon | 2012-06-11

How old are you?

Posted by: Anon | 2012-06-11

Sorry to say this, maybe he reailsed that you are not the type of women he is looking for. Maybe he does not want to use you for sex only.

Posted by: Sheesh | 2012-06-11

You met him once? And you will go to his house and give him a massage? and Stay over?

Girl, are you this desperate? You are acting like a very cheap girl!
Staying over means on the second date? Seriously?

He is obviously looking for a decent girl and not one that will already stay over on the second date.

Will women never learn? Girls like this are asking to be hurt and just used.

Reply to Sheesh