Posted by: Sarah | 2009-06-30

What does this mean?

When i asked my boyfriend recently if he sees us getting married in the future ( i am pregnant) - his reply was he loves me etc and he has thought about it in an abstract way what do you reckon that means?

What sort of wimp impregnates a woman ( which is anything but vague ) and doesn't even think seriously of mariage ? Its him you need to ask about what he meant, and to point out how feeble this sounds on his side. Its not a qustion of "forcing the issue" but of expecting a sensible and clear answer.

Posted by: Woolly | 2009-06-30

I am also pregnant, but not married. My bf and I have a very tumultuous relationship. We always have fought a lot mostly about his drinking habit, which I believe is not under control.

We have spoken about getting married but I have my misgivings:
1. I don' t want the baby to think we got married because we HAD to get married.
2. I am very hormonal, feel vulnerable and insecure. Now is not the time to make a decision about getting married.
3. We have big problems that we can' t find solutions for.

My advice to you is to explain to him exactly how you feel and to ask him again.

Understand if he says he wants to wait. Getting married won' t change anything. (I think).

Reply to Woolly
Posted by: Liza | 2009-06-30

Don' t try and force the marriage issue just because you' re pregnant. He might resent it which will only cause problems. Making decisions with pregnancy hormones aren' t always the best decisions either. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy. If you and your boyfriend are meant to be married, it will come with time.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza
Posted by: s | 2009-06-30

didnt you ask him at the time?? The hard part is raising this question and now you have to ask again. I have learnt to ask as many questions at the time, so that when the conversation is finished you have your answer and dont need to keep on bringing it up.

Reply to s
Posted by: no idea | 2009-06-30

why dont you ask him again and tell him you have no idea what he meant the first time you asked?

Reply to no idea