Posted by: Tracey | 2009-07-22

What Doc treats this - lumps/boils

Hi Cyberdoc

Hope that you have been well!

I' d like to ask you what doctor my mom should consult. She was the lady that had the hip op and she had a lot of benign lumps in her groin (do do with the inflammation). However, I have this niggle that all is not well. The op was in January and the lumps keep on flaring up (in fact they never disappeared). I understand that they can turn cancerous. She also has Bursitis on the actual cut area which is healed. We have a TENS / EMS machine but the relief is temporary.

Is the Doctor for the lumps called a Lymphologist and could you recommend someone in the Western Cape - Table View area if possible please.

Is there a cure for the Bursitis? A home cure essentially?

She has developed restless legs after the surgery and is on magnesium. I have read up endlessly on it, I just wish I could help her.

Many thanks

Hi Tracey
She can see a surgeon to just take a biopsy of the lymphnodes to ensure that it is not cancerous but the result of inflammation. Seeing a physiotherapist may help for the bursitis ( bursitis is inflammation in the joint and not on the skin) There are medications that you can use for restless legs syndrome - ask your GP to refer her to a neurologist for this.