Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-07-28

What do you think

Hi CS

I am so angry right now!
My bf keeps on going on about my weight!
Ok not so much in recent weeks as I told him it makes me feel crap but the he mentions it every now and again.He tells me you know I love you so much ... but please work on the weight thing.
I tell him I know I gained a lot of weight and its not going to disappear over night then he keeps saying it doesn' t seem like I' m making any effort.Now! I am already way depressed over this issue as it is, its become a really sensitive topic for me as now I am myself seeing what I' m beginning to look like but I can' t help it!

I admit I have a problem and I do not know how to deal with this but for heavens sake cut me some slack! I' m not even ' overweight'  for my age & height.So I' m not like this obese chick or anything I' m ' chubby'  right now.

Last night! we were together, now when we having sex then he can' t get enough of my extras, then when its all over he brings it up.Last night he told me I have cellulite on my thighs and he said ' angel this is getting bad now'  please I love you but you got to do something about it.This after we had sex, anyways I brushed it off.
Today I' m chatting with him he brings the cellulite thing up again!
I just put the phone down, sms' d him not to call or mail me again!

Now we have been together for 2.5yrs and talking about getting married.I' m 24 and he is 27.
Am I just being overly sensitive or he being a prick?

Of course extra weight dosn't disappear over-night --- but are you actually doing anything about it ? Have you seen a dietician, and are you working on more exercise ? You admit there is a problem and you don't know how to deal with it ( and I agree that his nagging may not be as helpful as he probably intends it to be ) --- but get expert help and start work on it, for your own sake, not specificaly for him.
He is ridiculously tactless if h raises cellulite while in bed with you. And is he so extraordinarily perfect that there are no blemishes you might bring to his attention ? Don't actually do so, just remind him that you wiselty refrain from doing so, and enjoy him as he is. Maybe couples counselling could help sort out this ( and I suspect some related isues ) usefully. And remind him that cellulite of the Tact is an even more serious problem.

4

I agree that he is an insensitive prick. Try to lose the weight and get into an exercise routine, but do it for yourself, not for him. It will make you feel much better about yourself. Once you start doing that, I can guarantee you that he will start complaining about you being obsessed about your weight and that you are not spending enough time with him because of your exercise program. Then, when you look and feel great, he will start to make comments about you being too friendly with other men.

Posted by: Red | 2009-07-28

And what will happen when you pick up weight if you fall pregnant. Tell him to grow up and worry about more important things or why don' t you suggest the two of you get fit together?

Reply to Red
Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-28

You are talking marriage....mmmmm....... so how is he going to feel about you in say... 25 years from now?? He is tactless and I am sure that if you were nasty you could find a lot of physical things wrong with him.

He says he loves you, well, I wonder if he really does.... because otherwise he would love you warts and all!

Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2009-07-28

He is being a prick!

Tell him his dick is to small for you he better do something about it. 

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend