Question
Posted by: Just me | 2008/10/13

What do the mean with Psychlothematic?

Hi CS

I would like to find out what you think about the following senario.

I just applied for life cover and was " loaded"  due to my health profile, also no dissability cover offered. I have a slight Bipolar. I don' t run around naked and I don' t go around selling the Eiffel tower because I think I am it' s owner.

Somtimes I loose control of my time, it seems to run too fast and I seem to do too little too slowly and other times, time slows down and I can do a million things at once.

I am not really suicidal although the thought will cross my mind from time to time, but I am much toooo much of a coward to really do something that brutal.

Is this discrimination, based on what they preceive to be a dilibitating mental illness?

As usual your expert opinion will set my nagging mind at ease.

Regards.

Just Me

PS. Writing exams again, should complete my National Higher Certificate in Marketing by March next year.

In your title, I'm guessing you mean "Cyclothymic", which in a personality variation like a mild version of Bipolar Disorder.
In my experience, just as the government has discriminated against mental illness for decades by providing sub-standard services, so most medical aids and insurance companies discriminate, providing sub-standard or limited cover by comparison to physical disorders many of which are potentially far more under control of the individual themselves.
Your own shrink should be able to assess the situatio best, both in terms of the most accurate diagnosis, and in how it opught to be treated by Insurance companies, etc. And he/she could perhaps intervene by writing to them, in a way that night be helpful. I wonder on what specific information they are relying in making these decisions about you