Question
Posted by: Jordan | 2012/02/15

What could this be?

Hi Doc. Since this morning I have had a pain in my right side, where my kidneys are (but only on the right) and blood when I go to the toilet. It is not my period and my kidneys aren''''t sore except for the right side. What could it be?

Jordan

Consult your doctor as soon as possible, as you have a bladder infection with possible infection of the kidney. You will need a course of oral antibiotics to treat the infection. Keep well hydrated. Do not try over the counter medication, as you really need treatment from a doctor.