Question

What could this be?

Hi doctor. I would like to find out if this is of any concern to have checked up further or was there a simple reason for it. Yesterday I got up did the usual, I didnt do anything out of the ordinary. As soon as i got dressed I went into the kitchen to get some water &  I just felt really weak.At that point still standing at the fridge I just looked at my husband &  everything just went blur. At the same point I lost my hearing &  all i could hear was a ringing sound in my ears. As i sat down I just started trembling. I tried to have some water but my hands were so shaky i just couldnt. I also felt so hot I got to a point where I felt like i was gona pass out &  I couldnt breathe. After all was done I was normal again but my chest was so sweaty &  my neck &  forehead. It was so strange I couldnt believe. Is this something I should be worried about? This was the first time this ever happend to me. Im only 22 so this does scare me.

Hallo Anon
This sounds like what we call a vasovagal attack -which is actually just the early signs of fainting. Your blood pressure may have been low and you could maybe just have it checked. If it ever happens again, just lie flat on the floor or a couch for a minute or so or pinch your nose and blow against it like when you try to equilize pressure in your ears when you go up in an airplane.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/21

Hallo Anon