Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2009-04-09

What could this be?

I dont know if you will be able to help me out here, i should be posting this to the gynae doc but she don' t seem to be responding. From Sunday i started getting a pain on the left side of my lower abdomen, just under my navel &  above my vagina, in that region but more on the left. It didn' t bother me Monday but started Tuesday till now. Last night it was really bad &  I dont know how to look at it. The last time i had intercourse was around 2 weeks ago. Im on the pill.im 20 &  my bf does use protection aswell, so i dont know if it could be an infection or something. I did make an appointment to see my gynae next week but i would like to know if this kinda pain is associated with anything serious?
Thank you.

Hallo Nicole
It could be an infection in the salpinx (tube from the ovary to the uterus) If you have fever or a discharge you should see your GP sooner than next week as you may need antibiotics. It will anyway be good to check your urine for urine tract infection too