Posted by: What could it be? | 2012-11-15

What could it be?

Recently I started picking up weight. I am already overweight but feel bloated and puffy. I eat fairly healthy and I do not eat alot, I drink water alot as well the only thing is I don''t have time to exercise.

I am very tired &  have started developing abcesses in my inner thigh again, the skin around the abcess is bright red. The abcess is hard &  painful.

I was diagnosed with PCOS a while ago but was later cleared by the gynae. I also have not fallen pregnant yet even after a year of marriage

Please help

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests to exclude hypothyroidism, diabetes (which is often associated with PCOS and abcesses), insulin resistance or a hormonal imbalance (that can be the cause for you not falling pregnant). Diabetes also increases the risk for infections, which can explain the recurrent abcesses on your thighs. Exercise is very important when trying to loose weight.

Your doctor will have to prescribe a course of oral antibiotics to treat the abcesses. In the interim, you can apply Bactroban ointment.