Question
Posted by: Millie | 2010/03/15

What could it be?

I had my daughter 8 mnth ago by C/S. I am still bleeding on/off. Have used progesterone but not working and progesterone has not been successfull in the past to me when I have had irregular and heavy bleeding. I have started with period like pains - nt sever but uncomfortable. I also occasionally get sharp pains in my abdomen which are rather tender. Initially thought it could be wind, but relieving of wind and anto spasmodics offer no relief. Any ideas as to the possiblities. Have an app with obs but would like some ideas in the meantime. Not good with pills and not keen on taking hormones in the long term

Hallo Millie
You may have a low grade infection in the uterus, this can cause pain, abnormal bleeding and tenderness. Would you consider using an intra uterine device with progesterone that only works locally in the womb? It is called Mirena and works well for abnormal bleeding - discuss with your Gyne

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/15

Hallo Millie

Reply to cyberdoc