Question
Posted by: Me. | 2009/10/22

what could be wrong with me?

i weigh 92kg, according to my BMI i should weight 60kg. i have been trying to loose weight for the past six months, i was weight 96kg and so far i only lost 4kg, i have changed my lifestyle, i eat lots of veges and fruits, i normally never ate breakfast and now i do, either special K or wheetbix or boiled eggs, and a yougurt. i used to drink alchoho almost daily and now i have reduced to weekends and i dilute with water, and i drink very moderately, i go to gym mostly 4 times a week but it does happen that i go twice in a week and i mostly do spinning for an hour. i have tested for hormone balances, and i was told its in balance, i tested for thyrod and insulin and i was told they normal and for the past 3 weeks i have been using Reductil but i have not lost an inch! why could this be?

Dear Me
I must admit that I am also rather puzzled that you are not losing any weight seeing that you seem to be doing everything correctly. I can only recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that the dietitian can obtain a proper diet history and calculate if the amount of food you are eating is hampering your weightloss and/or if these are other factors (e.g. depression, etc) which are playing a role.
I hope you can pinpoint what is causing your inability to lose weight successfully.

2

Dear Me

Posted by: Me. | 2009/10/22

I forgot to add that i am most of the time bloated and tired, i sleep well at night and the next morning i feel like sleeping again, could it be effects of Reductil or something else?

Reply to Me.