Posted by: shy girl | 2009-11-20

i have gotten to a point of shut down- when husbands starts his arguments and shows signs of frustration. before i would verbally attack back or have my say- these days i just cannot even speak the way i am so saddened and dissappointed in the manner in which he talks to me, he makes my feel i am in his way, i am slowing his career down, and says alot of hurtful things. I have sat in back to back traffic with him going on for 1 hour- i actuall felt like the parent child situation but i just could not get myself to say something back.
What are reasons for me all of a sudden not even arguing back.
am i accepting verbal abuse or what?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Why are you not arguing back? possibly because you have realised that there is no point in doing so. You mention you feel like a parent child situation, yet he is not a child...but behaves like one? You've reached a point where this situation doesn't make sense to you anymore. Your relationship is not growing and it is not fulfilling to you anymore. You must address your needs as they are not being met at the moment.
Are you wanting to work on your relationship or not? either way, you may want to seek support and advice.