Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2011-09-14

What constitute as a menstrual cycle?

Hi Gynaedoc.

I started experiencing brown blood. Which I would say old blood. This was on the 28 of August. I am not bleeding heavy, just spots. Enough to fill a pantyliner. I am still however am bleeding. (14 september). I am not sure if this is regarded as a normal Menstrual cycle. Or Is this because I took 4 neurofens on the 27 August. Not all four in one go. But I took two and than another two say 4/5 hours later. I also never got my menses for the July month. My last normal regular cycle was between the 22nd of June.

Some additional info: I took the neurofen as I''ve started experiencing severe migraines. For four weeks I experienced it twice or thrice a week. From mild to severe. At one point I assumed Pregnancy. But now I''m not sure if I should make an appointment with my Gynae or GP.

Thanks in advance.
Regards: Nicole

This is not a normal menstrual cycle. The Neurofen would not have caused it. It could be that you have a cyst or hormone problem. You should see a gynae.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-09-20