Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/08/19

What causes this?

My fiance has a very bad memory and forgets, well just about everything!!

This is affecting our relationship and causes arguements. He will agree on something with me (something silly like even a movie) and literally 15min later i will talk about it, and he swears the opposite or that it never happened!!

it is very frustrating to me! Please advise

There are hundreds of possible causes for poor memory ( and I've probably forgotten a few of them !) Leaving aside the acute arguments, does he at peaceful times recognize that he has memory problems ? If he does, he should see a doc for a check-up to explore this
The commonest cause is probably not paying proper attention to the things you need to remember, which may be stress-related or just a bad habit.

3
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/08/19

No this is more serious.....

i cant take it anymore!! we fight constantly!
he remembers nothing of what either of us say......

this is not just a man....being a man! i see the confused look on his face when i bring something up and he cant remember......but its affecting me personally

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: Ag | 2008/08/19

I know the feeling!

Reply to Ag
Posted by: candice | 2008/08/19

Its called Selective Hearing!

Reply to candice