Question
Posted by: VERON | 2012/03/15

What causes streptococus viridans

Hi, I recently gave birht to a still born baby and my gynae told me that i have a bacteria called STREPTOCOCUS VIRIDANS according to the results from the lab. I want to know what causes it and how can i prevent it, i want to try for another baby and i want to know what are my chances of having a healthy baby and how can i prevent this bacteria from affecting my baby. i desperately need your advice.

Streptococcus viridans does not usually cause stillbirth, but Group B streptococcus can. Some women carry these as commensals in the vagina. You can prevent the next baby from being affected by having a vaginal swab to screen for Grp B strep and then having IV antibiotics in labour if it is present.

2
Posted by: VERON | 2012/03/23

Thanx a lot, i really appreciate your advise.

Reply to VERON