Posted by: Denise | 2009-03-13

what causes crystels in cats.

hi I have a 8year old male ginger, yeaterday I had to take him to the vet as he had a blocked bladder caused by crystels. I would love to know what causes this to happen and what sort of foods can cause it to. How good is it to feed your cat milk and fish as this is my cat' s too most favourites. Please let me know so that I can take even better care of my cat so that he may live a long healthy life. Thank you.

Dear Denise

Some food cause a alkaline urine and this is usually when crystals start forming. some cats are prone to crystals as they keep the urine in the bladder for too long or do not drink enough water. So put your cat on a well known best quality food to avoid complications.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-03-13

Too much fish isnt good for cats at all.

A RAW (meat) diet is best for cats , the health issues including crystals I had with my 16 cats have cleared up completly since I started them on RAW.

Reply to Carol