Posted by: Sasa | 2009-01-21

What causes a condom to burst?

What causes a condom to burst?
Posted by: Sasa

Has anyone ever experienced this? And why does it burst? Is it not possible to feel it when it bursts?

I'  m just so confused coz my friend is pregnant now because the condom bursted, even took the Morning after pill, had her periods for 2 months after that, she only found out last month that she is now 11w pregnant!

studies have shown that the inconsistent and incorrect use of condoms is a far greater explanatory factor for pregnancy than is condom failure (breakage and slippage). additionally, if condoms do fail because of defects (breakage / bursting) such failures are also attributed to the result of the user’s behavior. please see the directions of condom usage on the insert in a pack of condoms.

Posted by: Wondering | 2009-01-23

1) The condom was old
2) The air wasn' t expelled from the tip (where the semen should end up in)

I have had 1 burst my whole life and that was when I had no clue that the air should be expelled from the tip. I actually did feel it burst and stopped. Luckily the girl was on the pill.

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Condom man | 2009-01-22

Like most air crashes r caused by human error so r most condom failures due to human error. With the right usage + precautions there' s no reason Y a good quality condom should fail. I' ve had sex with many women + used 100' s of condoms without a single failure just by following a few basic common sense + simple rules.

Reply to Condom man
Posted by: nn | 2009-01-22

Hi! Maybe her partner tampered with the condom for her to get preggy. It happens when when he may have felt threatened.

Reply to nn