Question
Posted by: Candice | 2012-04-09

what can this be

I am 26 years old , realtively healthy follow a healthy diet , am not overweight and exercise reg.

For about 3 days now when i swollen something hot ( liquid hurts more then food ) like coffee or something cold like iced water.i get a pain while swollowing , feels like in the middle of my osephegus (kinda where my rib meets but inside) then after eating my stomach hurts alot , this seem sto be no matter what i have eaten then after about 2 hrs its passes. i have almost been bloated and feel gassy , also sometimes when i pass gas a gel like substance (norm almost clear colour) comes out .

What can this be and i was thinking of giving it a week before going to the dr

Candice

You are most probably suffering from a gastric ulcer or reflux of gastric content into the oesophagus. It is advisable to consult your doctor for a referral to have a gastroscopy and barium meal done. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon, three times daily before meals.