Question
Posted by: Mona Lisa | 2010/08/16

What are the symptoms of Early Stage Throat Cancer?

Good Day

Lately when I eat " slap"  chips, they seem to get stuck in my throat unless I chew them very carefully. I can''t eat them in a hurry anymore like I could in the past.

Secondly, if drink something cold, like Milo Milk, then it causes discomfort to my larynx & mdash  I can still understand my teeth being sensitive to cold, but surely my larynx shouldn''t also be sensitive to cold? I have never had this problem before.

My throat often feels a bit inflamed when I wake up in the mornings, but during the day it is fine. Some of it could be due to post-nasal drip, I guess. However, I have had scarlet fever and some severe throat infections in my life (many of them were chronic  several were accompanied by skin rashes, throat blisters, and " cottonwool"  in the tonsils. - Quite a few of these infections led to relapses of Multiple Sclerosis). There is a voice at the back of my mind which keeps telling me I may be on the road to a place called Throat Cancer (even though I definitely don''t fit the profile of the average throat cancer patient). Is this possible?

Hallo Mona Lisa
Throat cancer can present with swallowing difficulties but other benign conditions like acid reflux can also cause similar symptoms. You should see your GP and ask him to refer you to a gastroenterologist so that they can do a gastroscopy to see exactly what the cause of your symptoms are.
See http://www.gastrotract.com.au/documentation/gastroscopy.pdf

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo Mona Lisa