Posted by: Joseph | 2009-01-26

What are the chances?

I' m really nervous....

My mother used to sexually abuse me up till the age of about 16 - touching, voyeurism, belittling comments about my appearance, forced to give oral sex etc etc.

There' s a baby due in the family in April.

What are the chances that she could try the same with the child?

This issue is really causing me lots of anxiety. Does anyone have any advice?

There is certainly a very significant risk that she might indeed try such abuse of other children to whom she may have access, and not only within the family, especially as it sounds as though she has, so far, got away with it. She should be reported to the authorities. YOu as a witness to your own abuse can potentially lay criminal charges against her now ( depending on how long ago the last such event was --- but discuss this with the police and a lawyer ) ; and if she has access to other children, you could report this to the child welfare authorities who can investigate and intervene. And do get some counselling for yourself --- none of what happened was your fault ( though it might feel that way to you ) and you deserve help and care to recover from what was done to you by this selfish and unkind woman.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-26

Your mother the stupid B*& #$ should be in jail, so that the other children in your family can be safe.
Why have you not done anything about this?
She probably will do the same to someone elses child.
AND you need to go for counsiling