Question
Posted by: Anon 4 this | 2009-04-07

What are my rights in this situation

Hi, the company that im working for now... I'  ve been here for about 3 years. At 1st yes in the normal work environment when I had to fit in i was really pressured &  stressed. After it all calmed down i got into the groove of things &  was working perfectly which made me love my job. It was last year October that we got a 2cnd director. Everything was fine until he brought in his girlfriend. She works for him but not us. She does'  nt get a salary form us &  is not registered with our company. About a week ago she starts picking on me for mistakly dropping a small label in the bin. Then she threatened to take it out of my salary &  also gave me two warnings for not listening to her &  her director boyfriend stood up for her. I told my GM that im going to take it future because she doesn'  t even work for us. Her warnings is like the garden boy giving me a warning. What can I do about her she is really stressing me out &  I don'  t want to get another job but I think its best that i do because no1 wants to put her in her place.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS IN THIS SITUATION

They cannot take any monies off your salary as this is illegal unless you give them written permission. It is suggested that you take this up with the company via a grievance procedure otherwise go straight to the CCMA.

3
Posted by: Been there | 2009-04-13

Years ago one of our bosses brought in his daughter, 18 yrs my junior. She was also in another dept. but started throwing her weight around here in our dept. She started targetting me with her verbal abuse + wanting 2 give me orders. Although I' m a soft person + avoid confrontation I couldn' t take anymore + my husband told me what 2 do. The next time she became abusive + nasty I just went at her head-on. I told her that I don' t care if her dad is the boss, that she must stop her crap, that I refuse 2 take anymore of her childishness, to grow up. I then chased her out of our office + said she must now go tell her father that he can fire me 4 not wanting 2 take her nonsence. Well that was the last that she tried with any of us. She avoided our office from that moment + Inever heard another word about it. By the way she ended up leaving the co. long b4 me.

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Boetie | 2009-04-13

By the way, don' t forget to tell her that NOBODY is allowed to take ANYTHING off anybody' s salaly except a garnishing order issued by a court. Let her know that U r nobody' s fool. Good luck

Reply to Boetie
Posted by: Boetie | 2009-04-13

I don' t know how strong a person U are but if U can just once stand up 2 her, put her in her place + make it clear that U do not take her nonsence + remind her that she doesn' t even work 4 your company so she' s got no jurisdiction over U anyway. It will no doubt cause an unpleasant scene but the result could be well worth it. Remember they CAN' T fire U 4 putting her in her place.

Reply to Boetie