Question

What are my rights

I have been on and off in a relationship with a co-worker.Although we did not have penetrative sex i was worried that she was pregnant.Over the last three to four weeks,she has done home pregnancy tests(6 tests) and she showed me it is negative(4).On Friday i ended the relationship and now she claims she is pregnant.She wants me to tell my parents.I told i would only if we go to doc for proper pregnancy tests.She refused.She is making life heel for me.What are my rights?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Hi Anon,
It seems a bit like emotional black mail at this stage. If I was you I will demand proof from her doctor that she is indeed pregnant, the fact that there was no penetration does limit the chances of pregnancy and thus I will make sure first if she is indeed pregnant.

Bertus Preller
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
www.divorceattorney.co.za

3
Posted by: Jason | 2010/05/17

What do you do when a wife doesnt want you to socialise, I mean you have this group of friendds that you only socialise with when you need to go out for a day coming back the following there is a problem and this happens once in 2 or three years. Eish am strssed

Reply to Jason
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010/05/10

Just ignore her, if she still carry on, get a protection order for her to leave you alone, you need penetration for her to fall pregnant.

Reply to G-Dad
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/05/10

Hi Anon,

Bertus Preller
bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
www.divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to family law expert