Question
Posted by: Mom | 2009-08-03

What are my options...

Hello Dr
I would like to fall pregnant. I have been off the pill now for 4 and a half months and I have only had one period. I know it takes time for your cycle to adjust when going off the pill but I have a history of long and irregular cycles and I have been on the pill for acne for years. This is my second child so I know I CAN fall pregnant I would just like to know HOW I can without waiting years?
I have made an app with my gynae but it is two weeks away and I am anxious. I would like a heads up of options I can discuss and treatments I can expect him to offer me.
I appreciate your advise.
Thank you.

If you are not ovulating, then there are drugs which can stimulate ovulation. This is the most likely reason for irregular periods.