Posted by: renee | 2009-04-15

What are my options

I eat a bowl of porridge cornflakes or half cup of oats before going to the gym. I gym for an hour or 11/2 hours a day, 5 times a day and I jog/walk on Saturday and Sundays early in the morning.I have 2 slices bread for lunch and about 2 cups rice and curry for supper. In between meals I have a fruit, yogurt, popcorn or something to nibble on. One problem I have alot of chocolates.

I do cardio and lose up to 300 cal every morning. After how long would I see results on weight lost? My clothes seems to be gettin tigher instead of lose. Is this because of mussle gain.

How good is water for you because I generally can drink 8-12 glasses of water and I weight 65kgs but I seem to be blotted, do I retain water?

Hi Renee

I think the time it takes to see results is varied depending on the person. It can take weeks, or months, for different people. I don't know how long you've been at this for, but perhaps it will take a little longer. The perception of tighter clothes is certainly common and probably related to the change in muscle mass, and also to the water intake.

You don't NEED to take in that much water every day, it doesn't pay to force yourself to drink. Your body is smart enough to tell you how much to drink, so don't worry about forcing it. I think you're probably overdoing it right now, and that's why you feel like you do. It's not water retention, but water overload. So cut down on the water and drink when you're thirsty, not more.