Question
Posted by: dreamer | 2010/11/01

what are my dreams trying to tell me?

for 2 weeks now every night I dream about my ex and how he is leaving me, too often in my dreams do I freak out, one dream I was even holding on to his leg begging him to stay. every dream he is leaving me and I am breaking down. What is going on, when will all of this end, I''m really working on getting over him, but every night these dreams happen and every morning starts with the loss of him.

Dreams are mostl meaningless, and where relevant, merely reflect ( rather than predict ) something that may be pre-occupying you. As you speak of your Ex, I presume that relationship is officially over, and yet that you still wish it had not broken up, and wish you could have stopped it / that you could still stop it, though that is not possible.
Do see a counsellor to help you work through these issues successfully and efficiently - you are too focussed on the loss of him to be able to move on cheerfully and find better relationships.
And as Maria says, one can surprisingly often influence the ending of such dreams, by focussing for a while as you drift off to sleep, on an alternative and better ending - perhaps you telling him to go and leave you alone, and him walking off, or whatever would for you be a satisfying way of ending it.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010/11/01

Think how you would like the dream to be. Then concentrate on that as you fall asleep.

Reply to Maria