Posted by: Anon | 2011-09-09

What am I suppose to say?

I found out that I am pregnant, I went to tell my boss....
She then asks me with how it happened?
I cannot, even now, understand what exactly she meant when she asked such a question.
Should I tell her blow by blow how a person gets pregnant?

Please assist, this question really confuses me? She seems angry as well, why?

She is probably angry about your pregnancy, as it will increase her work load, as well as her performance. Your pregnancy is probably of inconvenience to her. Rather confront her person to person and express your honest opinion on how you feel about her absurd question.

Posted by: anxious | 2011-09-10

You don''t have to answser this rude question if you choose not to.. You could just say " it''s none of your business" , because is it any of her business?

What may be upsetting her is the fact that she would lose you due to maternity leave and/or you leaving all together, resulting in her losing your services, which she might consider valuable. Why don''t you try sitting down with her and asking her what her problem is and if she continues to be short and/or rude about the issue, at least you have done your bit in trying to deal with this issue in a responsible, adult manner, something which she would then appear not to be doing.

Reply to anxious