Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2011/09/06

what am i doing wrong

I have had no carbs for the past 2 weeks followed an eating plan of chicken, fish, veg, dairy (no cheese) no coffee or sugary anything and lots of water BUT I have not lost an inch :(

what am I doing wrong

please can someone give me a breakdown of what I can eat and when eg. how many carbs, protein, fats, dairy etc I am allowed daily this is so depressing I needed to fit into a pants suit for saturday night and couldnt and worked soooo hard....

Dear Ruby
If the high-protein, high-fat Atkins-type diet does not work for you, then you may need to use another kind of diet. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 minutes a day to lose weight. Ask Fitness Doc for additional exercises to target problem areas like the thighs, buttocks and stomach so that you can fit into your pants suit. Also don’t overdo your water intake! Excessive liquid intake can cause water intoxication which can have negative effects due to electrolyte imbalances, which have proved fatal in some cases. In addition these electrolyte imbalances can cause water retention which will make you gain weight even if you are losing fat. Please reduce your total liquid intake down 2,5 L per day.

1

Dear Ruby