Question
Posted by: Thabo | 2008/10/03

What am I doing wrong

Ive been exercising for a month nou. Doing long duration cardio and circuit training and interval training. But I have gained a kilo instead of losing it. Is there some suppliments that Iyou would recomend that I can use to help me loose weight.

Dear Thabo
Have you also reduced your energy intake by changing your diet? If not, then please do change to an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), which together with your exercise will result in weightloss. I would also recommend that you keep track of your dimensions (waist, thigh, stomach, arm) so that you can see if you are losing cm even if you don't lose kg. Your exercise may have resulted in an increase in lean muscle mass and muscle tissue weighs more than fat tissue! so you may not see the changes on the scale, but you are probably losing cm.