Posted by: Jan | 2008-12-02

What advice message 2071

Posted by: Jan
What other information do you need? I called my physician'  s office for the results of the test today. Was told the nurse was with a patient and that she would call me. I waited all day. No phone call. I called again at 5:03 p.m. and the office was closed.

I'  m very anxious.
Thanks for any advice.
Date: 2/12/2008

Hallo Jan
Dr Anrich is only "on duty" from Friday to Sunday each week but I will try to answer your question.
When a patient have chronic kidney disease, this can influence your red blood cell count (there is less stimulation to make red blood cells) , your blood protein (including total protein, albumin can go down - yours looks OK) High or abnormal globulin (which are your antibodies) can also be an indication of a kind of blood cancer or auto immune disease. Yours is within normal limits.
Low platelets, RBC and WBC can show that there is a problem with the bone marrow, that it is not making enough blood. A UEA usually measures how well your kidneys are performing and whether your electrolytes ( blood salts) are normal. I am not sure what other blood test your doctor ordered - it could be for antibodies or for vitamin levels? Phone her again tomorrow, she may have had a few emergencies and forgot to call back?>