Posted by: Jan | 2008-11-28

What additional tests might be ordered

For the past 6 - 8 months, my RBC WBC and platelets have been low. Watchful waiting has allowed the RBC and platelets have come up a little, but WBC continues to go down. Now Albumin is 5.1, Total Protein 8.5 and Glubulin 3.4 has shown up. My physician is having another test done, along with a UA. What might this other blood test be and what might she be looking for with it and the UA? I' m already dx with chronic kidney disease with a GFR of 59 which is up from 48 a few months ago.

Thank you.

Dear Jan

Thank you for visiting

Unfortunately, I do not have enough information to give you an opinion. I strongly suggest that you discuss the matter with your doctor.

Kind regards

Posted by: Jan | 2008-12-02

What other information do you need? I called my physician' s office for the results of the test today. Was told the nurse was with a patient and that she would call me. I waited all day. No phone call. I called again at 5:03 p.m. and the office was closed.

I' m very anxious.
Thanks for any advice.

Reply to Jan