Question
Posted by: anna | 2008/10/10

what about my dreams???

Hi CS
For 28 years i have helped my husband make his dreams come true . He is now established in his business and has made a great success of it. He is 50 and wants to expand his business, this means we have to move and " start all over again"  I have just started my own little business after working very hard, physically and mentally to help him, he wants to move. I have got to the point in my life where i just say yes, thats fine, whatever!! I am 49 love what i do, and if we leave there will be a chance that i will not be able to do my thing as he will need me to help him again. We are well off financially now but i do have my fears of expanding, moving etc. We are in the agricultural sector and i dont believe it will always be this stable, esp in South Africa. Am i being selfish??

Surely starting all over again is starting anew, on a new venture, and not expanding n existing one ? If he's looking for a fresh challenge, discuss tjhis with him, and suggest he rather maintai n his exiwsting successful business, and help you make a bigger success out of your own. Of course you're not being selfish --- it's him being selfish, if he hasn't taken your needs and dreams into account.