Posted by: What do I do? | 2009-02-04

What a day I' ve had!!

Good people I need help, I found out yesterday that I' m broke-meaning I can' t afford to even pay my rent this month-I had too many unexpected costs (from my car to medical bills and entertainment) in the past week and I thought I was okay and would be able to manage till yesterday, I almost fainted when I saw the balance on my bank statement but instead I decided to go home, I sat there in silence-amazingly calm, I later decided to go for a drive my car wouldn' t start, it turned out i had left the lights on the whole day and my battery died. I called roadside assist (thank goodness they came and sorted it out) I tried calling calling the guy i' ve been seeing for about a month now, just to say hi-there was no answer on his phone, I thought he might be sleeping but he hasn' t even returned my call, i' m beggining to think he' s no longer interested, we slept togetehr on Sunday for the first time, he called me on Monday but I didn' t hear from him yesterday.
I don' t think i can afford to worry about a man at this point in my life, so my biggest challenge is resolving my financial problems. How do I do that? I had given notice to move out end of this month (28 Feb) I found a new place to stay that was before my financial melt down, I' m worried the rental agency will think I' m not willing to pay them because I was moving anyway, I have never skipped on my rentals not even once in the two years that I' ve been renting this property, what do I do now,could they kick me out even if I paid deposit? I won' t have anywhere to go, I' ve already paid deposit for the other place i' m going to next month.

Please I need your help!!!!

Car and healtjh costs can indeed be unanticipated --- but Entertainment ? Surely that is always voluntary and never compulsory ? I'm no financial expert, but (a) cut out ALL avoidable expenses including entertainment, and (b) talk promptly to those to whom you owe money, to make a plan. They'd usually rather make a plan than be nasty to you and get less.