Question
Posted by: Sons | 2008/08/28

Wetting the bed

I have a 9 month old Rottie, he is an absolute angel. But I have noticed that he has a leaking bladder, which happens during bed time. We have changed his drinking habits, woken him up during the night and takien him for walks but still the problem persists. COuld this be serious or just a puppy thing.

Dear Sons

Some dogs develop incontinence after being spayed. This is because the bladder in more 'loose' inside, sits to far back when the dogs sleep and then just leak. Two options here. Best is to have a operation done called colposuspension. All this meens is they fix the bladder a bit forward and this is a permanent solution to the leaking problem. Second option is to put the dog on long term medication to increase the bladder sphincter tone as thus helping to keep the urine inside. In a young dog I always recommend the op. One expense and problem fixed.

3
Posted by: nicky-savanah | 2009/09/15

Good Morning
I have an eight week old jack russel puppy, she is mainly white with only colouration on her ears and face.
We have had her for a week, and due to her being a house doggie, we have noticed she has a " leaking bladder" , and this is not only when she gets excited but whilst she is sitting on the couch with us, or lying down sleeping, there are drops of urine dripping out.
Is this a medical problem or perhaps breeding? What can we do to help our puppy?

Reply to nicky-savanah
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

Must' ve missed something here...

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/28

If he just widdles in the night, then it' s not serious, but if it' s really a LEAKING bladder, then he could have an infection. It' s not ' just a puppy thing'  - if he loses urine involuntarily, then the vet needs to be involved.

Reply to Chill