Posted by: Leaky | 2011-11-29

Hi Doc,

I''m a 41 year old male that tries to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Lately after urinating, I seem to " dribble"  in my pants. This is escpecially prevalent in the mornig. Not only has this become extremely embarssing, but do I have to constantly check if I have not soaked my pants. Initially I thought that I did not empty my bladder properly, but even shaking off the last drop, I still seem to get " wet patches"  on my trousers. This is hugely embarrisng and I am at my wits end. Could I perhaps call my local GP and ask him to perscribe some medication to resolve the problem? Co-indidetally I have a malle dog with the same problem (leaking bladder) and a couple of tablets from the vet sorted him out!

Yes, you can consult your GP for an examination of your prostate gland and a prescription for medication. You most probably have inflammation of the prostate gland, which impairs the natural flow of urine. Unfortunately, there is no over the counter medication that I can recommend and it is important to have your prostate examined.