Question
Posted by: Mom n wife | 2011/02/11

Went to the shrink

So I went to the shrink this morning. She did meditation, made me cry, and then booked me off. Now I am sitting at home, alone, just me and a bottle of brandy. I didnt even bother with a glass.

I keep checking the phone, maybe he phoned me and I misse the call, or maybe he sent me a mail. Nothing.

I cant do this, I just want to die. I feel like drinking myself into a stupour and just dying. Wish I had more than just one bottle.

Love is a useless emotion, all it ends up in is pain and heartache.
I had enough. I am tired of pain and suffering. I sacrifice so much for every one around me. When is it my turn to cash in and be happy?

Sounds like a very eccentric way of managing depression, and NOT a recognized professionally approved method at all. Seriously, maybe you shopuld consider a second opinion from a shrink that uses recognized diagnoses and treatments.
Alcohol will only, guaranteed, make depression worse, and make you more impulsive and less wise. None of those do you need. Keep reminding yourself that you are lucky NOT to be hearing from someone who treats you and your child so badly.

5

Posted by: Ella | 2011/02/11

Dear Mom
I''m a good one to talk to you and give advice - just know there are people out there (in here) that understand exactly what you are feeling. Deeply so.
The wine will help, yes but when sobriety kicks in again the original pain and problem will still be there.
Hold onto the reason why you left him. Your flesh and blood comes first. The child did not ask to be born (from another dad) and your current husband is the adult and should do everything in his power to deal with WHY he doesn''t ''like'' your son.
You had courage - you are a good mother because you did the right thing. The pain is immense I know but the reward will be greater. Don''t give up hope - your husband might still come round and realise that due to his selfishness he has lost you. Don''t just forgive and forget if he does - he needs to sort his sh*t out.
For now, look deeply into your son''s eyes. Let that be your focus. It will get better - you know that.
Thinking of you.

Reply to Ella
Posted by: Sam | 2011/02/11

Why are you waiting to hear from a man who treated your son so badly?

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Mom 2 | 2011/02/11

Just think about how he made your child feel.

Reply to Mom 2
Posted by: Mom | 2011/02/11

Mom n Wife

Though i would not agree that love is a useless emotion, i feel your pain as im in more or less the same situation as you, gone through a bottle wine, checked the phone every 2 minutes, break down and cried at work, took pills (adco alzam)just so i can sleep and not have to think about him and once though of taking all of the remaining pills which was 10 tablets at that time but didn''t then i arrived home and saw my 6 year old daughter who just started school and that reminded me how much God loves me, Besideds God, she is the one thing that is giving me the strength to fight.
I made a choice to stay alive and raise my daughter, the pain is still there, but i draw strength from my God and my daughter

I pray that you defeat those feelings of suicide, God loves. Stand strong it shall pass.

Reply to Mom