Question
Posted by: Sue | 2012/10/04

Welts

Hi Doc,

I''ve been under an enormous amount of stress over the last 3 weeks - during this time, I develope two oblong welts - one under each arm. They are very itchy and although they look painful, they arent. Is this thrush? can it be caused by stress?

I''ve never had this before - I''m not overweight, and I dont sweat very much at all. (female, age 42)

What can I use for this?

Many thanks

Sue

Stress can cause an allergic type reaction but this usually presents with welts appearing all over the body. It is possible that it is a yeast infection and you can apply Apor cream, twice daily for at least ten days. If it does not improve, consult your doctor for an examination.
'