Posted by: Jinx | 2012-10-13

Welt that turned into a bruise

Hi Doc, I noticed two welts develop on my inner lower arm this morning, and within minutes they turned into what looks like a bruise, its quite large and sore to touch. I cant see an insect bite mark and I certainly didnt bump my arm...the bruise is sort of over the vein, running down the centre of my inner arm...any suggestions? Thanks J

Is it possible that you were scratching at the welts, as this might explain the bruises. It is difficult to give an informed opinion, as I am unable to examine the areas. If the bruising worsen or if there are any signs of infection, like redness, tenderness and swelling, consult your doctor for an examination.