Posted by: Lyn | 2009-09-03

Wellbutrin tablets

I have been on Wellbutrin tablets for 2 years now, and feel that I would like to come off them. I' m on the Wellbutrin XL300 300 mg.
Could you please advise how to go about it.

Hallo Lyn

Please talk to your doctor - one should definitely not stop this very suddenly. I would suggest that you go to the SR 150mg dose for a few weeks and then start gradually reducing the dose by skipping every 2nd pill for 2 weeks, then take one every 3rd day for 2 weeks, then 1 every 4th day for 2 weeks and then stopping.

Many people who discontinue their antidepressant abruptly will experience what's called a "discontinuation syndrome". They may experience fatigue, nausea, sore muscles, sleeplessness, anxiety, agitation, dizziness, hallucinations, blurred vision, irritability, tingling sensations, vivid dreams, sweating or electric shock sensations.