Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010-05-10

Wellbutrin

Good day all,

I would like what your meaning is on Wellbutrin XL. I have been suffering from depression for 5yrs now and have been on diffrent meds on and off for the past 5yrs. so far nothing worked for my depression or i syffer from side effect and then just stop using the meds

I am on wellbutrin XL 150mg daily and would like to find out about your experiences or knowledge about this drug. apparently it works diffrently in the brain than other antidepressents???

Your opinion will be appreciated
Thanx

Wellbutrin is an antidepressant, which is well thought of, and in some ways different from some of the more commonly used ADs. XL is like other drugs called XL or SR, a slow or sustained release version of the drug, designed to be released more gradually and smoothly. Sometimes this is a real advantage, sometimes its merely a gimmick used by some drug companies to try to extend their exclusive patent rights on an old drug.
So, to your question - with its slow-release format you may be less likely to experience side-effects with this one, and it is diferent enough that it might work better for you than some of the other ADs you have tried.
Come back to the forum after a few weeks and let us know how it worked for you

2
Posted by: AD | 2010-05-10

I have been on AD''s for many years and tried quite a few. Worst side effect has been weight gain. I tried Wellbutrin and didnt work for me. I remember they said it works on dopamine levels and not my seratonin and it wasnt enough for me. Zoloft was my best for long time, little side effects, but after 2 years became " too relaxed" 

Reply to AD