Question
Posted by: lauls | 2008/10/21

Wellbutrin

Please can I get some advice. I was put on Wellbutrin last year for 6 months &  it did help, I went off it, but I was put back on it again 3 months ago because I started feeling depressed again. The thing is, I have a very very stressful job and I am already an energetic non-stop person. As wellbutrin has a positive effect (not a calming effect) I am finding that I cant relax, I don’ t know how to just sit and relax. I am constanttly stressed and do not stop, my heart’ s always racing and I am getting stomach pains. I am only 24 years old. I am very stressed because of work &  I have a big exam looming in a month but do you think the wellbutrin may be making me more stressed and anxious? Do you think maybe perhaps it would be a good idea to stop it and start taking some biral rather to calm me? It’ s getting a bit expensive going to the GP so I thought I would ask some expert advice first.

One usually needs to stayn on an atidepressant ( if one is truly Depressed ) for at least 6 to 9 months, or the risk of the depression returning is significant. In some people, this particular and excellent antidepressant is indeed a bit more enlivening than they ideally want, and they might be better suited by a different antidepressant ( AD). I would also suggestseeking Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) which is excellent in helping you to gain control of depressive habits of thought, and to regain control of stress and how you handle it. Biral I would not like to add, nor any other sedative, especially as you have exams coming up, and as most sedatives tend to increase depression