Question
Posted by: H e l p ! | 2011/03/26

Wellburtrin 150mg XL

I am a pharmacist.... on drugs... lol! A lot of things happend over a short period of time and working with HIV pos people the whole day in a hospital sceen can just drive you over the edge... So being a health care professional myself I knew I was depressed and went to see a Doctor who prescribed me Wellbutrim 150 mg XL once a day.... I have been taking my meds complaintly for two months know, feel slightly better, but do have burst of tearfulness know and again.... not me at all.... I am always in control! So my Doctor suggested that I dubbel up on the dose... Know will that mean taking 2 150mg XL in the morning or one in the morning and one at night?

A very confussed pharmacist!

I'm not sure whether I'd favour doubling the dose, especially of a long-acting drug. As the depression you describe seems related to obviously psychological factors and stresses in your work, you'd probably be better served by seeking out a psychotherapist / counsellor using a well-tested and valuable modern technique such as CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, which usually tests out as effective as antidepressants, with lasting benefits, and no side-effects !

1