Posted by: LS | 2012-11-14

Wellburtin XL 300mg Question

I have started using Wellburtin xl 300mg this morning. I have been using Cipralex since September, but found that it was making me extremely anxious. My doc told me to try the WB.

This is my first day, I have a really bad headache and extremely moody and impatient is this normal, should I just give it a few days to settle in my system, or should I be worried about this?

I find that the anxiety is gone, and otherwise I feel good. Feels like I have a bit more energy, though my concentration is not what it should be

Its really hard to be sure in the first few days, whether any but the most severe and unusual effects are due to the new drug or not, though its a good idea tyo call your prescribing doc, who knows your details best, to check this. In terms of moody, impatient, etc., its unlikely any such drug would have yet had the chance to have had enough impact to cause such symptoms within the first day. Similarly, it wont have had the chance to start showing its major effects yet, and the anxiety relief, though welcome, could be a placebo effect, though none the less welcome for that. See how it goes in the next few days, and contact your prescribing doc by phone if the headaches get worse.
And let us know how it goes

Posted by: LS | 2012-11-14

Dear Sybershrink

Thank you VERY much for the quick response, it is much appreciated.

I will be sure to give it a week or so for it to settle in my system, and if I have any more negative effects I''ll be sure to contact my doc.

I just thought of hearing what you have to say first, because I did not want to my doc to think I am paranoid :) LOL

Feeling much better (mood wise) already after reading your very nice reply.

Again thank you, and have a wonderful day...

P.S. I''ll be sure to check back in within a few days to give you an update. :)

Reply to LS